Are you confused between a Brazilian keratin Salon and a permanent hair straightening salon? Are you confused about which treatment to get? If yes, then you are in the right place. Here are the differences between the two treatments along with their pros and cons:
If you want to go to a Brazilian keratin salon, you have to know about the treatment that you will be getting. Keratin treatment is basically a smoothing treatment on your hair. It reduces frizz from the hair and smoothens the bonds. If you spend a couple of hours daily on blow drying your hair or straightening them to make them smooth, then keratin treatment is best for you.
Your Brazilian keratin salon can make your hair smooth for almost 6 months. This treatment is also called semi-permanent straightening. It is a lot less damaging as compared to permanent straightening. It is true that all hair treatments use formaldehyde in one way or the other. But the amount of formaldehyde in keratin treatment is way less than in other treatments.
If you provide the right care you can prolong the treatment. For that purpose, you have to use the right shampoo, wash your hair less often and avoid swimming in pools because the chlorine can wash away layers of keratin. If you do not care for the treatment, you can decrease its lifespan.
The keratin treatment does not last permanently, so in this way, your natural texture gradually comes back. It is best if you have curly or coarse hair.
Pros of Keratin Treatment
There are various advantages and disadvantages of getting a treatment from a Brazilian keratin salon.
- It is suitable for all hair types
- It is safer as compared to the rest of the treatments
- You can style your hair as you want after getting the treatment
- It requires very low maintenance
- Artificial keratin can irritate your skin
- It is an expensive treatment, but the aftercare is not very expensive
- It stays for a short time, you may have to redo it
- This treatment requires an experienced stylist or else the risk of damage will be high
- This treatment is not for pregnant women (it can affect the health of the baby)
Permanent Hair Straightening
It is also called Japanese hair straightening. In a permanent hair straightening salon, the stylist will use heat products to straighten the hair permanently. It means that this heat will break the bonds of your hair so that they are relaxed. It is a lot damaging as compared to other treatments because it permanently changes the protein bonds of your hair.
If you have booked an appointment at a permanent hair straightening salon, the stylist will not recommend this treatment if you have bleached your hair before. It is because it can further dry your hair. If you get this treatment, your hair will remain straight until there is regrowth. The newly grown hair will be curly or frizzy, but the treated hair will remain straight. This is a serious commitment that you will have to do because they will not be any going back.
There are different types of permanent hair straightening treatments, for example, Japanese straightening, hair rebonding, chemically straightened hair and permanent keratin treatment. The most popular permanent hair treatments are Japanese straightening and hair rebonding. These treatments are costlier as compared to others.
In Japanese straightening, heat and chemicals are used on your hair to break the bond. After this, your hair is exposed to extreme heat to restructure their bonds.
Pros of Permanent Hair Straightening
Just like keratin treatment, there are many pros and cons of permanent hair straightening.
- The permanent hair straightening salon will smoothen your hair.
- Your hair will remain straight until they grow out.
- This treatment is not restricted to some women. Anybody with any hair type can have this treatment.
- It is not only for women, but men can do it too.
- Just like keratin treatment, permanent straightening also needs an experienced stylist.
- Unlike keratin treatment, it cannot be done at home by yourself.
- This is also a very expensive treatment to get.
- It can affect the texture of newly grown hair.
If you have booked an appointment at a permanent hair straightening salon rockville, considered consulting a stylist before you get any treatment.