After divorce when one of the parents plans to relocate to a distant place, the greatest problems of divorce occur. A parent who enjoys the custody of the kids wants to move with them while the other person may be tempted to move to a more distant place. To solve these problems parental relocation lawyer normally advises time-share plan for the custody of the children.
Hiring parental relocation lawyer
There are numerous reasons for relocation of one of the parents. They include career protection, formation of a new relationship, or to enjoy change of venue. Nobody can force a parent to change his decision to move to a new house or place, but to take the child with him the parent needs the permission of his spouse or the concerned court of law. The court considers the totality of the situation and judges whether the move will be good for the child. Some common factors considered by the court are discussed below.
- Improvement in the living standard of the child
- Improvement in the home life of the child
- Improvement in opportunities like education and other social activities
- Improvement in the relationships quality
- Burden of relationship with the other parent
When there are several factors an experienced attorney will be able to compel the court to make the order in favor of his client by emphasizing the different aspects of each of the factors.
Petition to relocate
When dispute arises regarding the relocation of a child, the problem has to be sorted out with the help of a child custody attorney. He will explain you the pros and cons of the situation and if you still find it difficult to reach a mutual consent, then he will ask you to file a petition for approval of relocation. The parent who insists relocation should be capable of proving any of the following condition/ circumstances.
- The relocation is intended for a specific purpose which is legitimate and good for the child. ( For example if the custodian of the child is taking a better job with more remuneration so that living standard of the child increases or leaving the present school and getting admission in a better school that will have a positive effect on the education of the child are ample and winning reasons in this regard.
- The new location proposed will help to fulfill the intention specified in the petition.
- The relocation is in essence needed for the child’s welfare. Consult with the child custody attorney Fairfax.